Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM

Default Grayton Beach

Heading down to Grayton Beach Florida next summer (July) for a family beach trip. Looks like the brackish lakes should have some reds.

Anyone done any fishing down there? Any recommendations on where to try? Any guides to recommend?

I'm going to bring a canoe to hopefully give me some more options.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 PM

Just wanted to jump on here and say that it's a beautiful place to stay and fish. The freshwater lakes have some really NICE bass in them so definitely bring the canoe! Also, there is a chance at some reds and pompano from the beach although I have yet to catch any... Old Florida Outfitters is the local Orvis shop and they should be able to help you out as well...

Tight Lines,
Old 04-09-2014, 05:00 PM

Spent many a week at Grayton over the past 40 years but never fished the lakes. From a few of the lakes on the south side of 30A (Western, Alligator, Little & Big Redfish) you can often get all the way out to the beach in a canoe or small boat. I frequently put a 3hp motor on a johnboat and putt- putted to the beach, particularly after the county restricted access to the beach by 4wd vehicles. Sitting on the beach reading and cooling off in the Gulf occupied most of my time. You and your family should love Grayton and be sure to check out the Red Bar one evening and catch its Jazz band.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:29 AM

I fished with Capt. Danny Snapp of Grassy Flats Charters in May 2014. He has a very nice flats skiff and likes to guide fly fisherman. He will probably take you out near Tyndall Air Force Base, which is a bit of a drive from Grayton Beach. Please tell him that I referred you to him. His phone number is 1-850-832-4952, and his website is: www.grassyflatscharters.com His half-day rate is $250.00, and he will give you your money's worth of time on the water and more.

Stewart M. Crane
Old 06-22-2014, 07:08 AM

Thanks all! Heading out in two weeks. Will report.