Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-04-2014, 10:29 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead8 View Post
Ducky, We considered Blackberry Farm catering the event, but those chefs over there just get a blank look on their face when you mention hot dogs.
You just need to know how to talk their language. If you called them a specialty bratwurst or meat patte'

They might look at little different than you are used to though

http://www.buzzfeed.com/wallstreetjo...om-around-354z
Old 01-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Great idea... wish I could have made it!!
So how about we devote the first Saturday of every month and call them our 'Metcalf Meetings' for anyone who happens to be available to say hey, try to catch a fish, eat some lunch, tie some flies, etc... ??

Just an idea but could be cool if it catches on... however, I'm not trying to take away from the uniqueness of a New Year's Day bash. That could still be a wild and crazy party as it looks like it was...

Tight Lines,
Old 01-04-2014, 05:42 PM

Hey Bigsur-

This is Brian from the picture.

I highly recommend this trip for anyone next year. People are super nice- John has a great setup and makes excellent Coffee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
As anyone can see in the following photos, this New Year's tradition is a very serious and solemn event held with the dignity it so richly deserves. The new Metcalf Bottoms location was the perfect setting for the afternoon of reelin, chillin and grillin!

After a quick photo shoot with some esteemed members we started the afternoon's events

Old 01-04-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
You just need to know how to talk their language. If you called them a specialty bratwurst or meat patte'

They might look at little different than you are used to though

http://www.buzzfeed.com/wallstreetjo...om-around-354z
Actually, we did try a different approach and asked for "cubed spam and Grey Poupon with some of them frilly toothpick thingys" and got that same blank stare. Where are they from anyway At any rate, we quickly recognized the cultural divergence, and burnt the winnies ourselves. ;-)
Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM

I missed out on the New Year fishing, but went out yesterday for my New Year karma. Caught one little guy and froze but it was fun.