Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Default The Klan and Bucket Brigade

I grew up in the South in the 1950-60s. I recall when the Princess Theater in Morristown had a separate ticket office for “colored people.” I was in the seventh grade when the public schools were first integrated. I remember when MLK was shot and that next day at high school. I recall a racist past, but not once in my entire life I have actually seen a cross burned or person in a KKK robe. Do they exist? Sure they do. But I lived here for over six decades, and I have never seen one face to face. Frankly too, in me salad days I often frequented the places where one would have expected to see them too.
This supposed bucket stocking of Lynn Camp Prong is a lot like that. No one saw it, but it must be the culprit. This is going to make a lot of people upset, but then I am known for doing that. I’d bet a lot that there never was a bucket stocking. I cannot think of anyone who cares enough to work that hard. A crime without a motive??
Now, on the other hand we have a branch of government charged with doing a job, and saying they did it, and accepting a lot of money in return for their service who may—how shall we say this---did a “urine poor” job of getting rid of the rainbows. Of course everyone knows that for government workers to make mistakes is impossible, so it had to be the Kluxes who reseeded Lynn Camp Prong. Of course, no one saw them, and if they had, you know wearing those white hoods, who could have identified them.
Lynn Camp Prong is but another chapter in Obrookie Care story. Were it not so dog gone funny, it could me you cry how incompetent it all is.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:14 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kirk View Post
I grew up in the South in the 1950-60s. I recall when the Princess Theater in Morristown had a separate ticket office for “colored people.” I was in the seventh grade when the public schools were first integrated. I remember when MLK was shot and that next day at high school. I recall a racist past, but not once in my entire life I have actually seen a cross burned or person in a KKK robe. Do they exist? Sure they do. But I lived here for over six decades, and I have never seen one face to face. Frankly too, in me salad days I often frequented the places where one would have expected to see them too.
This supposed bucket stocking of Lynn Camp Prong is a lot like that. No one saw it, but it must be the culprit. This is going to make a lot of people upset, but then I am known for doing that. I’d bet a lot that there never was a bucket stocking. I cannot think of anyone who cares enough to work that hard. A crime without a motive??
Now, on the other hand we have a branch of government charged with doing a job, and saying they did it, and accepting a lot of money in return for their service who may—how shall we say this---did a “urine poor” job of getting rid of the rainbows. Of course everyone knows that for government workers to make mistakes is impossible, so it had to be the Kluxes who reseeded Lynn Camp Prong. Of course, no one saw them, and if they had, you know wearing those white hoods, who could have identified them.
Lynn Camp Prong is but another chapter in Obrookie Care story. Were it not so dog gone funny, it could me you cry how incompetent it all is.
Awful implication that just isn't true I volunteered the day after the fin clipped ones were pulled out and heard way too many first hand accounts to know it just isn't true. I encourage you to spend a day with the fisheries crew and look them in the eye and then make your own call and make claims directly to them

Don, I have a lot of respect for you, but your starting to sound like that Grumpy Old Man spouting a bunch on nonsense. Obrookie Care? So you never saw a KKK person so they must have never existed either? Tell that to the families that were victims. Just use that google page on that computer of your and check it out, it's pretty well documented

Maybe you have to say stirring things like this these days just in order to sell books, and if so just carry on. No need to use logic, common sense, or science, just march off that cliff (figuratively)

And Don you're not making me upset I just know that sometimes things aren't part of some conspiracy as you make them out to b
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

I for one am a conspiracy theorist at heart. And while I don't necessarily agree with dons simile I do semi agree with some things ( not all) he said. I think trout unlimited, like all large nation wide organizations lines the pockets of certain politicians...and who knows who else.. and laws, such as the endangered species act, do not pertain to them. If the laws did pertain to them some hefty fines need to be handed out for the countless accounts of killing endangered darters during their chemical kill river dumps... but whatever they killed I'm sure was all worth it for " the cause" .
Old 02-04-2014, 01:39 PM

Just as surely as I know the KKK existed, I’m sure some a-ho’s would go to the effort of bucket stocking. Their motivation is less clear, but I could see basic anti-government sentiment as one possibility.

steve
Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Default Lmfao

i
Hope the weather lets us do some fishing soon. I've been seeing some bad cases of cabin fever lately.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Ducky,

Lets go fishing!!!!

Breck
Old 03-05-2014, 09:26 PM

I heard from a TU guy last year at the kids camp that they were saying maybe 2015-16..