Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-03-2014, 09:45 PM

Default Clinch Monday

Got to the clinch and started fishing the falling water at Millers. The water finally dropped out and the fish settled on midges. I tried a sixteen all the way through a twenty. The fish seemed to take all equally so back to the 16. Caught a lot of regular sized fish and lost a good one in the middle hole of the island.
Ran into an old friend and met a new one. I forgot to get his name but we had a nice chat on the way out.
Over all good day. Fresh air and trout.
Lynn
Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 AM

Hey Lynn, it was good to meet you yesterday also. Great day on the water. My name is AJ. I hope to see you up at the Clinch again soon.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh10567 View Post
Hey Lynn, it was good to meet you yesterday also. Great day on the water. My name is AJ. I hope to see you up at the Clinch again soon.
AJ good to talk to you. Sorry I didn't get your name. If you see me it's most likely gonna be a Monday. Come fish with me. I can show what not to do. Again good to meet you AJ. Hope to see you soon on the clinch.
Lynn
Old 02-04-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hackle View Post
AJ good to talk to you. Sorry I didn't get your name. If you see me it's most likely gonna be a Monday. Come fish with me. I can show what not to do. Again good to meet you AJ. Hope to see you soon on the clinch.
Lynn
Lynn, I'll make sure to come fish with you. I'd love to learn some of the little quirks of the river. I try to make it most Mondays...best day to avoid the crowds.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM

Went on monday as well. Caught everything on a size 20 olive/tan midge and had some luck with a size 22 griffith's gnat though it took some work to get a take. I think a size 24 to 26 might have worked a bit better.

On a side note, TVA was blowing the whistle around 1:00 for no apparent reason. Any idea why?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit View Post
Went on monday as well. Caught everything on a size 20 olive/tan midge and had some luck with a size 22 griffith's gnat though it took some work to get a take. I think a size 24 to 26 might have worked a bit better.

On a side note, TVA was blowing the whistle around 1:00 for no apparent reason. Any idea why?
I heard it blow twice the first at about one then then the second sometime later. I don't know if it was a test or what. I just kept my eye on the water levels and kept fishing. I was on the road side at the time so I really didn't worry.
In the afternoon I did switch to a griffiths in a twenty and caught a couple of fish. Fish were definitely on the adults. I was nymphing for a larger fish and noticed the rises to the adults. I just didn't want to stop nymphing with a big dog still eating. Glad you had a good day. Consistant midge dries on the clinch are rare.