Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2014, 12:42 PM

Default Clinch-Saturday Feb 22, 2013

Ok, let me start by saying if you are looking for big fish pictures turn away now and turn on the Nature channel. Saturday on the Clinch was jammed with a weird available wading time of 2pm to 7pm, so it was warm, sunny and looked like opening day on a northern stream with people jockeying for position in their favorite hole. I managed to get two browns on soft hackle, they were small, colored nicely but looked winter thin to me. No complaints though beautiful day, two fish, big fun, on a side note about 5pm saw a guy 20 yards below me fall under the water about mid thigh deep, actually fell twice I think he could not get his feet under him wearing boot waders not sure if rubber or felt bottom. After checking to make sure he was ok, asked him if he had dry clothes in car and he said no, of course told him to get out and go right away and turn on the heater. We were less than a 1/4 mile from ramp but had to have been a cold walk, in winter or anytime. Please carry extra clothes in your ride, Byron talks about it all the time on his reports, when you see it happen it drives the point home.

Sunday hit the Smokies but kinda slow with the high water and fast flow, looks like Ducky did ok in the higher elevation, hats off to him!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"