Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-18-2014, 05:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite
Default 24 inch bow from ft loudon

saturday my dad fished a tornament on Fort Loudoun and a guy accidentally caught a 24 maybe 25 inch rainbow trout on the main lake down near the dam. I was amazed at this and wonder how many fish might migrate all the way to the lake and back to the rivers every year I'm sure this is a rarity but I'm also sure it is not the only fish to do so.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:30 PM

Although surprising its not outside of the realm of possibilities by any means. It could be from the Holston or upper end of tellico lake
Old 03-18-2014, 05:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

Upper tellico is what I was thinking...a little closer than the holston ..
Old 03-19-2014, 11:32 AM

I was surprised when one of my best friends caught a lake trout up on Loyston Sea area of Norris Lake last summer. Had to see the picture to validate it.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 03-19-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
I was surprised when one of my best friends caught a lake trout up on Loyston Sea area of Norris Lake last summer. Had to see the picture to validate it.
That's cool they stocked them there for years and then quit. I wonder if that was a survivor or if twra started stocking them again. I know Boone lake has quite a few in it, and there's a fair number of people fishing for them as well
Old 03-19-2014, 12:14 PM

At some point TWRA stocked kokanee in some East Tennessee lakes, but I've never heard much more about them. Anyone know where that stands?

steve
Old 03-19-2014, 01:27 PM

I'm not surprised at all. We all know they love to wander...

My brother in law caught a 12" bow while crappie fishing ish creek several years back. It was very pale.

I also had a worker at hickory star tell me a kid caught a bow there fishin off the dock. That was several years ago as well.

Email Punk

http://lastdrifteffort.blogspot.com
Old 03-19-2014, 04:39 PM

Several years back I was on the Powell River smallmouth fishing, and caught a 16" rainbow on a popper. No clue where it could have possibly come from as neither TN nor VA stock anywhere that connects either above or below the Powell. It's like sharknado, only it's rainnado
Old 03-19-2014, 10:44 PM

I've caught one rainbow and one lake trout out of Norris. The rainbow was caught a year ago as my papaw and I were fishing for shellcrackers in the poor land creek vicinity near hickory star. The lake was 21" inches and I caught it crappie fishing at night off our houseboat at 33 bridge marina. That's was back in 2007. But I've seen and heard of maybe a dozen or so rainbows caught out of Norris.

But waterwolf, TWRA does stock two streams in Claiborne county that run into the Powell river. Both of which are in Harrogate.

Here's the rainbow from last year in Norris.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinryder2 View Post
I've caught one rainbow and one lake trout out of Norris. The rainbow was caught a year ago as my papaw and I were fishing for shellcrackers in the poor land creek vicinity near hickory star. The lake was 21" inches and I caught it crappie fishing at night off our houseboat at 33 bridge marina. That's was back in 2007. But I've seen and heard of maybe a dozen or so rainbows caught out of Norris.

But waterwolf, TWRA does stock two streams in Claiborne county that run into the Powell river. Both of which are in Harrogate.

Here's the rainbow from last year in Norris.
No kidding, which streams do they stock? I had no clue they put trout anywhere up there. Learn something new every day.