Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-22-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Robinryder2, no worries from me buddy. I only fish there when all the tailwaters are blown out with rain and the mountains are just as bad. It is sad that people in that area litter the natural resources so bad. My buddy told me there are bears that frequent those streams as well.
That's how I am with those streams. Kind of last resort or if I need a couple for the skillet. But you need to take a drive up there and look. It's really disheartening. Below the mill dam at gap creek there are literally 3 toilets in pieces scattered everywhere. It's sick. But as far as the bears go you're right. My dad has done some work for a guy that lives on Indian creek and on one trip the homeowner said dad missed seeing a bear by a matter of minutes. Something to keep in mind while keeping one eye out for the locals. Haha

Seeing how my father and I have had a couple bear encounters on tellico and north rivers, he didn't seem to mind. Lmao
Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinryder2 View Post
That's how I am with those streams. Kind of last resort or if I need a couple for the skillet. But you need to take a drive up there and look. It's really disheartening. Below the mill dam at gap creek there are literally 3 toilets in pieces scattered everywhere. It's sick. But as far as the bears go you're right. My dad has done some work for a guy that lives on Indian creek and on one trip the homeowner said dad missed seeing a bear by a matter of minutes. Something to keep in mind while keeping one eye out for the locals. Haha

Seeing how my father and I have had a couple bear encounters on tellico and north rivers, he didn't seem to mind. Lmao
It has been about 2 years since I fished last in that area. It was bad then. For the life of me; I wonder why the highway department or sheriff do not hide a few deer cams and catch some of these littering people. Then; post their names and offenses in the paper. Do this about once every 3-4 years and the area should police itself.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 03-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
It has been about 2 years since I fished last in that area. It was bad then. For the life of me; I wonder why the highway department or sheriff do not hide a few deer cams and catch some of these littering people. Then; post their names and offenses in the paper. Do this about once every 3-4 years and the area should police itself.
One word: politics. When cousin jerry is kin to sheriff bobby it's hard to do that kind of thing. Lmao