Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Default Smokies blue line

So after a less than stellar Friday (fishing was slow). I decided to hit a small stream today. The water was way warmer than yesterday (46 on SAMs 54 at the tremont parking area). I got to the stream and it was 57. Yay! There were lots of mayflies hatching and trout were attacking my grey neversink and pink weenie with high frequency. I was catching an equal mix of bows and Brookies, and after I took a picture of a decent rainbow I caught (just over 7") I left my camera on the bank and kept fishing...doh! I did have my phone but I didn't want to use it for pictures and I was catching tons of smaller fish (how many pictures of 4-6" rainbows and Brookies do I need anyway?) later I picked up a 9" bow which is good for this stream.

The highlight of the day...

So later in the day I had a good fish take the pink weenie. I could tell it was good fish because I got a quick glimpse before he got loose.

So I waited about 30 seconds and recast before I had a huge take on my dry. I thought I might pick up a Brookie on the second cast, but no it was the same fish and this time he was hooked good! ( there's no way there were two in this size range in this hole)

This time I brought him to hand

11" on the nose! Best park fish to date... Now I'm not even thinking about the lost camera