Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-20-2014, 02:40 PM

Default Tremont 6/20/2014 (morning)

I am not sure if anyone was catching anything but the gravel road at Tremont had lots of cars and trucks this morning. Most were fishing and a few appeared to be hiking. I caught one rainbow somewhere above the trailhead where Lynn Camp and Thunderhead split. The fish seemed eager but it was not easy finding water that did not already have a fisherman. It is good to see that lots of folks are fishing. I caught the one rainbow on a green weenie. Several fish hit the neversink caddis but I failed to hook any of those.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:14 PM

Sounds like the Vactioneers are out already. Were there lots of kids too wading, tubing, jumping in and out of the water and throwing rocks? If not you were lucky.

The last time I was in the Smokys last year, I was one of the luck fishermen to see that sort.

At least you got out and did some fishing. Thanks for the report.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:38 PM

yup this time of year you have to be prepared to hike (sometimes over 3 miles) to get fresh water. And even then, you still may have trouble with finding unfished water! With the water so low a lot of the smaller rarely pressured streams aren't even that good of an alternative - some good rain would really help things!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:44 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
With the water so low a lot of the smaller rarely pressured streams aren't even that good of an alternative - some good rain would really help things!
Although it is making fishing tough, it should make the population monitoring on Lynn Camp next week much easier
Old 06-20-2014, 09:27 PM

Default What Happens Next?

What happens after the survey of Lynn Camp? If the population is high enough could it be opened to fishing this year? Next year?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:32 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNflyfishing View Post
What happens after the survey of Lynn Camp? If the population is high enough could it be opened to fishing this year? Next year?
My GUESS is that it will be a year or two It's Matt Kulp's decision, and I know he wants to open it up as soon as possible. But being a good man of science, I'm sure he will let the data make the decision.

I'll post a report as I will be working there tues-thur

Tags
tremont