Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM

Red face Cosby day 1

We arrived here last night. Beautiful little cabin where we unloaded all of our stuff and then promptly locked the keys in our cabin. Our car keys, cell phones, money everything. Neighbors in our next door cabin called the office for us but it was after hours so all they could do was leave a message. At the prospect of my family spending a long hungry night in the car I put my shoulder to the back door and we got in the cabin. Busted the door casing though, so my wife called the office and left another message telling them we was in and that we needed someone to come by and see the damage. I drove to nearby dollar general and got a screwdriver and hammer and came back and fixed the jamb. Unknowingly, the neighbor had actually got in touch with the owner. He drove up with extra key about time I finished fixing the jamb. I feel so stupid now but I showed him the damage and told him to send me a bill and I'd be glad to pay for it. But that I just couldn't stand the thought of my family spending the night in the car. He was very understanding. By this time it was nearly dark so we got ready for bed. When we realized that my son had packed his suitcase and then left it on his bed, at home. I didn't know that his mamma told him to pack his own suitcase. She said he had gotten his stuff up all on his own and she had bragged own how "big" he's getting. She said he was very proud to get out and pack his "own" suitcase. I thought his stuff was in our suitcase just like always so I didn't miss it when I loaded the car.
Does anyone know how to go about changing your name legally? I'm thinking we are going to change to the Griswalds! LOL

hNt

PS This morning it has done some big raining up stream. We could hear the thunder but I don't think it ever rained here or at least not yet. Hopefully we will get in some fishing, if not we did pack the monopoly game. Maybe we can at least get in some good family time and that'll be worth it all.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:32 AM

Default Pic

I was going to post a pic of the creek rushing by but according to the posting rules I "may not post attachments" I was really wanting to post a lot of pics on this trip. I love seeing all of your posts and especially the pics and I wanted to pay back on this trip. I'm still going to take a lot of pics maybe I can post them when I get home. This morning we have to go to walmart and buy my boy his "back to school" clothes. And so he'll have something to wear on this trip :-)

hNt
Old 07-24-2014, 09:43 AM

Hey Clark (Griswald),

Sounds like a typical family get-away! Hope the monopoly game isn't packed in your son's suitcase.

I remember when I was a kid, my dad took my brothers and me fishing at the tailrace at Fontana Dam. My brother locked the car keys in the trunk of the car and we had to tear out the back seat to get a skinny arm into the trunk to rumage through fish hooks and lures until we got the keys. We still laugh about that today.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
I was going to post a pic of the creek rushing by but according to the posting rules I "may not post attachments" I was really wanting to post a lot of pics on this trip. I love seeing all of your posts and especially the pics and I wanted to pay back on this trip. I'm still going to take a lot of pics maybe I can post them when I get home. This morning we have to go to walmart and buy my boy his "back to school" clothes. And so he'll have something to wear on this trip :-)

hNt

Don't post your pics as attachments....

Paula has put a nice tutorial of how to post pics on this thread:

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ead.php?t=8456

Photobucket is a great free service to host your pics!