Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-24-2014, 07:51 PM

Default Cosby day2

I know this is posted the same as day 1. But I posted day 1 this morning. We spent this morning after breakfast at Walmart, buying our son clothes for the rest of this trip. If you don't understand what I mean, see day1. We then hightailed it to catalahoochee. I'd bet the farm I misspelled that. Where I was really looking forward to fishing. My boy wanted to go hiking and my wife wanted to see elk. 1 out of 3 ain't to bad. We stopped at the church which has amazing acoustics by the way. 1 lady sang Amazing Grace in there, it was beautiful and I'm not usually one to notice such things. Anyway, another lady told us there was elk up ahead. So we took off to the far end. On the way I couldn't help but eyeball the stream where it was close to the road. It looked awesome, I just couldn't wait. Anyway, we seen 4 elk and a baby elk which I think they call a calf. It was pretty awesome. Then it started raining straight down. No fishing or hiking. We drove back to Cosby ate a late lunch at Carver Applehouse Restaurant which was very good. We then drove up to the Cosby campground where I wanted to try fishing for a brookie. We stopped at one of the pull offs before you get to the campground and the water looked great. That high up it wasn't muddy or anything like at our cabin. Just as I started to open the back hatch of the car I felt the first raindrop. Sure enough, it poured. We loaded up and headed back to the cabin. Honest to goodness, before we made it to the main road, it had quit raining. I thought about heading back but everyone was tired so we headed to the cabin. I couldn't help myself though, once back, I tried fishing the creek there at the cabin but the current was very swift and the water very muddy. I couldn't wade around very well and there just isn't any room to fish from the bank. If the god Lord is willing though, I'm headed back up to the campground tomorrow morning.

hNt

PS. I promise to try posting pics when we get back home!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:23 AM

I got in late last night and haven't seen the creek today so I don't know how high it's running. But if you can't get your fishing fix on the creek you're welcome to stop by our place and yank some crappie out of the pond.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:18 PM

Hey Thanks for the report!
Your report, reminded me of all the camping trips that my parents took my sister, brother and I on. We would go to the mountains in West Virginia or the Adirondack mountains in upstate NY. All of them had some kind of issue that happened on them ranging from getting caught in surprise early fall snowstorm to minor injury to poison ivy. That is what makes them more memorable and we still had a good time.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the report. You're cracking me up with all the misadventures. You're going to have some great memories from this trip.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the offer magoo but we manage to catch one on day 3. I hope you guys are enjoying this I just can't wait till we get home and I can get some pics out.

hNt