Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-20-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Glad to find this site!

I'm a Georgia boy that loves the Smokies. I have been looking for a site like the one we have in Georgia (ngto.org) where folks can talk fishing about the streams up there.

I can't get up there that much but I love hearing somone is fishing and what they are using. Great picture of the brown caught on Friday the 13th.

My favorite stream is Little River up above the camp ground. Any of the holes beyond the old parking lot for Little River trail.
-Hollis
Old 01-20-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Glad to find this site!

Hollis, we are glad you found this site and welcome. It's new but active. Hope to see you in the Smokies soon. Byron
Old 01-22-2006, 07:18 PM

What are your favorite places there between the campground and where is the Little River trail place? I have fished a couple of places coming from the swimming hole(theY) on down toward the campground, but didn't have much luck. Are the deeper pools better or the shallows better? Caught alot of rock bass, but not many trout in that stretch. Most of the trout I have caught have been below the bridge and down from the there. Not much luck at all around the campground.

I'll have to check out the site you mentioned. Sometime I love to fish over there. I saw a monster of a trout on the Unicoi outfitters site last month. I think it is listed unicoioutfitters.com. Thanks for any info. Planning on going to the Smokies in June, if not sooner!!
Old 01-22-2006, 08:10 PM

The Little River Trail begins at Elkmont Campground and follows the river upstream from there. I believe that Elkmont is the campground referred to by Hollis. Lots of good water up there..... .
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 01-24-2006, 10:39 AM

Bamafisher: I'm a Jax State grad ('92 NCAA Div.II natl Champs!).
The web site I'm on is ngto.org there are several private places to fish in NGeorgia and Unicoi Outfitters has several. The folks on that page are always giving great info about where to fish and how to catch them. Very helpful.

My favorite place up above Elkmont Campground is a stretch just past the bridge that has the little creek running into the river from the right. It is pretty high above a big pool and the stretch above that looks pretty plain. However, it's been great to me!
-Hollis