Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-25-2006, 06:32 PM

Default The park thursday 1/26

I know its is short notice but does anyone want to hook up tomorrow? Not sure where I am going to fish but would like to get out(have to work all weekend). Give me a shout!

AA
2Timothy2:15
Old 01-26-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: The park thursday 1/26

Ended up fishing Abrams for about 4 hrs today. Brought two small Bows to hand and two LDRs...one of them being a very nice fish in the 11+" range. Had a first today also! Fished one fly all day, a soft hackle, and still have it in my hat! Amazing, an outing where I never had to snip a single tippet!

It probably never got out of the 40's today but it was a beautiful day none-the-less. The creek was at normal levels and very clear. Trout seemed to be holding in the eddys and in undercut banks. No risers and only a few small midges around. Went to stop by the shop on the way home thinking it was open till 6. Missed you guys by about 15 minutes. :-/

AA
2Timothy2:15
Old 01-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default Re: The park thursday 1/26

AA- sorry we missed you, hon...was looking forward to your fishing report on Abrams...thanks for posting...it was a beautiful day, though a tad cold...

We've had some folks in looking for fishing buds in the area, please keep up your requests for company on the stream - I am sure people will respond...

Paula