Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 02-05-2006, 05:02 PM

Default New Member

This is the first time that I have ever posted on an internet board so chances are that I'll screw up something. I have been fly fishing now for 13-14 years and until two years ago it was all in saltwater. I live in the panhandle of Florida so my targeted fish is primarily Specks and Redfish. I had fished just about my whole life but never developed a real passion for it until I learned to cast a fly. Around two and a half years ago I tried fishing for trout in the GSMNP. I just loved it! I have been up to LRO several times since then and that alone is almost worth the 9 1/2 hour drive up there. I'm planning on coming up again this spring. I am looking at the first week in May. The second week of May I will be going to St Joe Bay, Fl aiming for my usual targets. I get in at least a week every year over there. Another beautiful place!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: New Member

Panhandle, you did great. No screwups. Welcome to the new board and website. I live here in Townsend but I have a passion for saltwater fly fishing, especially in the Panhandle of Florida. I fish at Panacea, Port St. Joe and Suwannee for Tarpon, Redfish, Speckled Trout or anything else that will take a fly. I also like the Keys. If you get a chance get on the Saltwater Board and tell us about your saltwater experiences too. Byron
Old 02-06-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: New Member

I thought Byron might answer me when I mentioned Port St Joe. We talked when I was in your shop last spring and then again at the FFF Conclave last June in Georgia. I'll do some posting on the saltwater boards soon. I am really trying to learn what I can about fishing in the GSMNP. I love it there and the fishing is such a wonderful challenge. I have no problem laying out 75 to 85 feet of line while wading on a flat or standing on the bow deck of a skiff. The finesse required when fishing the creeks of the mountains is an entirely different game. Selecting the best fly and the stealth required in the approach requires climbing to a different skill level. It doesn't matter that the fish I catch are embarrassingly small and few. I don't kill them anyway. Don't get me wrong I love fishing in saltwater. I see it, however, as two different games to play.