Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 02-15-2006, 11:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to phil4christ
Default Fly fishing is about the reflection not the fish !

I'm a new member to lro but also to flyfishing. *I didn't grow up fly-fishing with my dad on the weekends after a morning breakfast but that doesn't mean I don't love flyfishing. *Like many others, Robert Redford's movie "The River Runs Through It" is my favorite movie, I cannot count how many times I have watched this movie, it never seems to get old to me. *I'm starting to learn a lot about flyfishing and just wanted to say I appreciate everyone's input on the topics discussed because I read occassionally and learn a lot. *Just wanted to say Thanx and it's great being a fisherman, a true fisherman for Christ, and as well on the water.
God bless, Phil
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Fly fishing is about the reflection not the fi

Phil, *I was in Dan Bailey's Fly Shop in Livingston, Montana a few years ago talking to the the manager of the shop. *I think that was the year that Yellowstone had the big fire, probably 1988. *He told me he was taking Robert Redford fishing that day. *In the conversation he told me about the movie, "A River Runs Through It". *Of course, I'd never heard of it. *I bought the book in Jackson, Wyoming and read it on that fishing trip. *I think it took three years for the movie to come out. *I waited and waited! *It was the first movie that Paula, my wife and I ever saw together, and it was our second date. *We're married now and we own Little River Outfitters. *Powerful Movie! *Thanks for joining our group and we hope to hear more from you as you get deeper into this sport. *Byron * *
Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to 3flies

Hey all,
I am a fly fisherman who also enjoys the experience of fishing the park waters,but if I never caught a fish I would not enjoy the experience as much! Don't get me wrong, I have had my share of fishless days but they do not come anywhere near the times I have landed fish. Some trips may wind up with one fish but after trying all day one fish felt like success! I understand your love of nature, I grew up in the woods and in the creeks of N. Knox Co. and Union Co. Just remember to respect nature, several fishermen and women have died while fishing in the park. The last I can remember was bear attack and bee attack! Some of the rivers are dangerous but use your head and know your limits and stay alert.

I was almost ran over by a masive buck that charge across the river missing me by only about 15 feet. He seemed to be running blind, probably being chased by a predator.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to phil4christ

Quote:
I'm a new member to lro but also to flyfishing. *I didn't grow up fly-fishing with my dad on the weekends after a morning breakfast but that doesn't mean I don't love flyfishing. *Like many others, Robert Redford's movie "The River Runs Through It" is my favorite movie, I cannot count how many times I have watched this movie, it never seems to get old to me. *I'm starting to learn a lot about flyfishing and just wanted to say I appreciate everyone's input on the topics discussed because I read occassionally and learn a lot. *Just wanted to say Thanx and it's great being a fisherman, a true fisherman for Christ, and as well on the water.
God bless, Phil
under the rocks are the words of God, listen .....