Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Yet another Alabama Flyfisher

Quote:
Its great to see so many alabamians here, I just recently found out that there is trout in our state ( I haven't been fishing to long to know anyway.) *I have been driving up to the elk outside of Lynchburg to fish my friends hunting camp for the past year though the sipsey is a lot closer to me at school in Auburn. *can any of yall give me an idea on where to fish below the smith lake dam? *I am planning on going in a couple of weeks once midterms are over, I think I will need a break then. *
My home is in Huntsville
War Eagle.
Welcome robinma! I'm from Gadsden and don't get up to the Sipsey as much as I should. My buddy dblhaul hits it pretty hard when I'm not dragging him to the Hiwassee or Noontootla. To my recollection, most of the year you can find pods of fish between the pump station and the big elbow just below the dam pool. That's not to say that you won't find fish downstream between the pump station and the bridge, but they don't seem to be as concentrated there. I fished the Elk once last year and had a ball - I want to get up there more this year.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Yet another Alabama Flyfisher

Just posted on the Flyfishing/Trout in Other States message board when I saw your post in New Members. Alabama is well represented here. Probably because we can't fish as much as our friends to the north, we just love reading about it!!

Anyway, if you'll read the post about the Sipsey River, it'll give you some more information. The chemical plant in that post is the same as the pumping station in this post.

Happy fishing! 8-)