Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-23-2006, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Townsend lodging

I stayed at Little River Cabins several years ago and at the time the owner was allowing fishing on a catch and release only basis. I was there in mid or late summer and the water was low and hot. That said I did see some nice fish, but couldn't provoke them to accept anything I had to offer at the time. Of course it might alos have helped had they not been well fed with pellets .

Mike

"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 02-23-2006, 10:08 AM

Hiya pmike!

You know trout are funny like that. You feed me a plate of ribs, and when that fudge pie comes around, I'm bound to want a piece of that too, no matter how full i am.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:20 PM

I like the looks of LRLC also because they are closer to the park entrance than most places, but off the main drag. We'll probably do most of our fishing inside the park. If you want a place that's even closer that's not right on the river, but has access try the cabins at Lazy Daze Campgrounds. New Owners seem nice.

Good Luck
Old 02-23-2006, 05:59 PM

Me too Owl,

Seems like the more I eat, the more I wanna eat

I noticed your post about fishing along Elmont. That happens to be one of my most favorite stretches as well. My only reservation about that area is the number of snakes especially along the wall. I realize they are non-venomous, but it takes several minutes for my heart to remember after grabing one or nearly grabing it.

Let me know when you decide to head up toward Townsend, if I can get away, I may just join up with ya!

Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM

Will do Mike. I was thinking about this site today when I found out that because of a company take over last year, I may only get one week of vacation this year! And one week is already promised to my parents to drive them up the coast to Maine. SO, looks like I'll be doing weekends only this year in the park. It's a wonderful sunny day here today, and temps are in the low 60's. Spring is on the way ya'll.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:52 PM

Does anyone know what cabins Gilbert Webb would be associated with?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:19 PM

Yes, at least I know he used to own and manage Little River Log Cabins.

Mike

Here's a link to their site.

http://www.littleriverlogcabins.com/
Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 PM

Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!