Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-06-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Is it just me

Hovercraft club of Atlanta......Thats a got to be the best one i've ever heard.... absolute craziness

wait... uh-oh.... looks like they have some pictures from their Smokey Mtn Cruise? couldn't resist doing a little research

TNTROUT: Is this the guy that ran over you?

http://www.mindspring.com/%7Elouis3/...a/Fontana.html
Old 05-08-2006, 12:57 AM

I must say....That looks pretty darn fun! Reminds me of the old Boy's Life (scouting magazine) advertisments about building your own hovercraft. If I had only seen that picture 13 years ago......
Old 05-08-2006, 01:51 PM

FRW,
Thanks for starting this thread. Unfortunately, some people find your view on solitude and respect for others to be a foreign concept and they feel the need to criticize. I, for one, share your view on both items and applaud you for taking the time and having the conviction to start this thread. Just as we can't control those who do not allow us the space we would hope for on the stream, we can't control what is posted on this board.

Thanks again,
Rock Hopper
Old 05-08-2006, 09:16 PM

Tntrout,
That's funny, man (I say that shaking my head of course.) I think that would be enough to give any of us a coronary thrombosis. You did good by just throwing rocks .

FRW,
Nothing wrong with solitude, mister. Just throwing a few ideas out at ya. I agree that it was very rude of the people you have had trouble with but it's just part of the Smokies. As I understand it, the GSMNP is within 500 miles of half this countries population. Or, one third. A big number of people none-the-less. Winter in the Smokies is my favorite time to fish. A lot less fish but you won't see many people either, you'll probably be free of any splashing kids too. From what I've read, it seems you'd rather have solitude than a high fish count.

Quote:
and ocassionally come on the forum to vent if that is all right.
Sure! As long as we are free to post our opinions as well. My post wasn't meant as a lambaste or anything.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
From what I've read, it seems you'd rather have solitude than a high fish count.
RFowler You have hit the nail on the head. I love it when I hook a nice size fish and bring it to hand, but what I really love is the beauty and solitude that comes with going into the mountains for the day and enjoying the scenery, the quiet and the chance to commune with God and nature for awhile.

I have enjoyed and, honestly been surprised, by all the comments that this thread has generated. I am a member of a number of message boards covering subjects as unrelated as trucks, politics and Home Theater equipment and this is one of the nicer ones as far as comments is concerned.