Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Default My week of fishing in the Smokies

My family and I camped in Townsend. Went to LRO's to get my licenses and supplies. Daniel waited on me and while doing so I mentioned that I have yet to catch a brook in the Smokies. He did not hesitate to circle an area on my map in the Chimney's area. I gave it my best, but I still was not fortunate enough to catch one. Thanks for the tip Daniel, I will return to that area next year.

Got a lot of fish (all bows) in the Middle prong stream, that is my favorite stream to fish. One evening I decided to fish Little River after all the tubers finally got off of the water. I was in the middle of the stream doing my thing when I heard a car stop on the road. The foliage being so thick I could only hear the car door shut. Here comes this woman over the bank, in a hurry I might add. She starts to pull down her pants and before I could say, uh lady.....next thing I know there is big ole butt about 25 yds. from me. I guess she had to go bad. I turned my back like a gentlemen and just kept fishing. She never knew I was there.

By the way, the bows I did catch were very healthy and I honestly believe this one bow I caught on a hare's ear nymph, was 4 or 5 years old. Biggest rainbow I have ever caught in the Smokies. We all had a great time and even though I did not get to fish as much as I wanted (family bonding) it was still a privilege to fish those waters again.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Re: My week of fishing in the Smokies

Ah yes, the "moon" in the Smokeys certainly takes on different shapes sounds like you had a good trip despite the brookie's not being cooperative, just another reason to return

Grumpy
Old 06-12-2006, 09:47 AM

yep, looking forward to fishing waters that I have not yet. The lil' lady and I will be coming back in Oct. this year for 4 days. I sure would like to sneak in one day of fishing. I've never fished in the GSMNP during the fall of the year. As a matter of fact I'm going to give up 2 days of bowhunting for whitetail to make this trip, so the lil lady owes me one day of fishing instead of window shopping in Gatlinburg, don't ya' think.........
Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 AM

I know this is a fishing board and others will disagree with me. However, giving up 2 days of bowhunting should get you at least 3 days of fishing. One of them days may just be the one day that P&Y buck walks under your stand to never be seen again.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:27 PM

thanks buzz for reminding me of the fact that one of those fine WV bucks might just be under my stand..... .......speaking of which, last Wed. evening took a trip through Cades Cove and saw some fine Smoky Mt. bucks in bachelor groups. I agree with you, I should get 3 days of fishing for two days of bow hunting.