Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-29-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Greenbrier Saturday June 24th, 2006

Thanks to Hans I fished Greenbrier yesterday and caught my first fish in the park (caught one with Tim Doyle, but didn't want to count it considering he was holding my hand, literally). Actually I caught three nice rainbows right at dusk. I got a ton of bites and hooked several that I didn't get in. I've only been flyfishing in the park a few months and his information about trying a new place helped me cross a big hurdle. As far as LRO's interest, I'm more likely to continue buying their products if i'm catching fish. I understand saving some information to keep the guides busy, but people need to catch a fish from time to time to stay interested. Thanks Hans, I had a great time last night. Catching those fish was a really big deal for me and I couldn't have done it without you!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
As far as LRO's interest, I'm more likely to continue buying their products if I'm catching fish. *I understand saving some information to keep the guides busy, but people need to catch a fish from time to time to stay interested.
Wanted to clarify my point here...

I do not think LRO withholds information. *I was just saying I believe it is in their best interest to share and I believe they do. *And I'm sure their guides stay busy without holding back information. *I support LRO and this board, without the board I could not have got the Greenbrier information from Hans. *Thanks LRO!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:57 PM

Justin! To answer your question, yes it was a cranky person and it is behind me. Anyway, Did you get my voicemal last week? I got your email a little late but I didn't hear from you. Did you fish any?

redc4man!

I'm glad you got to see a beutiful place. Yes it is challenging at first but it is very rewarding up there. Let me know if you want some company.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:36 AM

hans,

yes i got your voice mail on saturday am, i fished about 2 miles above the end of the road at tremont, it was great, i had some non fishing friends w/ me and they got to see me catch lots of fish frm the trail. In the afternoon i fished littler river and did good also, actually kept a couple nice bows for a camp fire dinner. we camped up at look rock, what a nice campgroung.

also, after you posted a while back about chatalooche i got the bug and went down there for a couple days, lots of fish and solitude. the elk were an added bonus.

have you ever fished up snowbird creek? i hiked up there a year ago or so and it was awesome, it's some real wilderness. anyway, perhaps we plan on hiking back in there sometime, it's well worth the drive for some excellent brook trout fishing.

i've been killin em at my local tailwater in indiana - i will email you a pic of the 22" brown i caught there a couple weeks ago, it was an absolute hog, fat and a big hook jaw, as i was fighting it we thought it was possible a big carp by the way he was just boring deep and not budging - it was quite a rush - he was caught on a size 20 phesant tail. he was released to fight another day

talk to you soon
justin

Old 06-30-2006, 08:50 PM

Justin!

Sounds like you are having a great time. I will go over to Cattalooche in the fall. I will let you know when i'm ready and if you want we can do some serious hiking in to the backcountry there at Asbury Crossing. For now I'm hangin out high up on the TN side of the hill. I have a Sunday trip planned with a fellow from this board hopefully we can get away from the crowds. Btw, No I have not fished Snowbird.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to christopher Send a message via Yahoo to christopher

I have some info for ya . Fish where i do.....cause im not catching anything, so there's probably lots of fish there.I go fishing, i dont catch fish...there's a differance. I know its somthing im doing wrong...last year caught many. This year...a few of 4" to 6" trout. Guess my skills going away . It does get me away from home and work though, so im not complaining