Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-02-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Greenbrier Sunday July 2. 2006

Decided to meet up with a new buddy from this board today. Kevin from Maryville. We decided to hike up a ways and we got to our starting spot at around 8:30 am. The weather was warm but not muggy at all. Water temp an amazing 60 degrees. We began to pick up small specs fairly quickly and proceeded with a good pace all day up until about 3 pm when we decided to call it a day. I didn't really see a whole lot of bug activity but did see a few Light Cahills in the afternoon. We caught and released about 45 fish between us today. No lunkers but a few 8" brookies came to hand. On our way out we got our bonus for the day when we ran into a black bear yearling strolling along on the trail. All in all a very good day and my friend seemed to enjoy the day as well.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Greenbrier Sunday July 2. 2006

Hans,
i was up that way on Saturday. We began fishing about 3 and fished until 7. Dad and i caught bunches of fish, mostly 7" specs. Dad did land a 11" brookie and a 9" brookie though.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:16 PM

That's great. Man it took me eight years to catch an 11 inch brookie, it's funny though, the same thing happened to me when I caught that big brookie. The next cast yielded a 9 incher. I'm glad you got your dad out. We fished way up and I was so sore this morning that I could hardly get out of bed. I'm getting too old
Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 PM

I tried to take dad to the same spot you took me but it didn't workout :-/. We hiked about half way and i thought i recognized where i was and we turned off the trail down to the creek and started fishing. We fished all the way to the fork and then I realized that the fork was where you and i started fishing. The creek we fished was still good none-the-less and we didn't see any other fishermen the whole day.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:04 PM

Hans,

Just wanted to say thanks again for a great time on Sunday! I had a an awesome time, even though that bear spooked me a bit. Can't wait until next time!

Kevin