Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Default Porters

I got to fish this little creek for about 3 hours Tuesday morning. I was able to fool several in the 7-9" range. But those are some of the slipperiest rocks I have ever encountered.

On Sunday I fished high up the Newfound gap road and for the first time I caught all brookies. I only fished for a couple hours but naged to catch six beautiful fish. One was 8" and was the largest brook I have ever caught.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Porters

Fun isn't it. As for Porters, I haven't had any real good luck on that stream. I usually end up on Greenbrier instead. How far up Porters did you go? It just seem to be in a more lower drainage and a little silty to me.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Porters

I parked at the end of the road and got in. I didn't have a lot of time to walk up. By the time I left, 11:00 there were a lot of spin fisherman on the lower part. Last summer I walked up about 30 minutes and got in and had a great day. Mostly rainbows but a couple of brookies. Only thing was it was pretty steep getting out.