Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-17-2006, 12:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Slimy Brown Shag - The Clinch

Somewhere in the past there was a question posted about a strange algae that has appeared on the Clinch. The Knoxville News Sentinel carried an article about it in the paper today. I hope the link below will work. If not, you could cut and paste it into your browser. The article itself is not very informative but it does provide some important cautionary messages and some contact information.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/outdoors...847513,00.html
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 07-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Slimy Brown Shag - The Clinch

Thanks for posting this, Gerry. I first noticed didymo on the South Holston at the beginning of 2004. It hasn't hurt the insect life up there yet but lets hope it's possibly harmless. More info can be found by typing D. Geminata or Didymo into Google. Some experts feel that this stuff may have been reactivated due to stronger ultraviolet rays.