Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-07-2006, 09:32 AM

Default Elkmont

Dad and I hiked WAY above elkmont Saturday. The water levels were a little low but not too bad and the temps were pretty cool for this time of year. We managed to catch a mess of 4" - 6" fish and caught three bigger fish. Dad caught a 11" brown and a 10" rainbow from the same hole using a yellow humpy. i caught a 9" bow using a yellow humpy. It was a good day, with great scenery and solitude. We didn't see a single fisherman all day. We ended up hiking about 10 miles, so my knees are pretty swollen, but it was worth it
Old 08-08-2006, 12:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Re: Elkmont

If your knees are swollen what are your dad"s like?

Good for you!!

Gerry Romer
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Elkmont

Dad was not as bad. He has perfected the art of rock hopping on these little streams. He hardly gets in the water! Somehow he has the ability to make a 20' cast by just flicking his rod a little bit. This allows him to stay on the banks and he doesn't have to climb as many rocks. He was soar in his muscles but not his joints . My muscles aren't soar but my knees were. i guess i played too much soccer growing up