Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-09-2006, 09:37 PM

Default tremont

Monday,fished the lower end of Tremont.Caught 2 rainbows on a yellow adams tied by my friend Red.The water felt warm.Picked up beer cans,dirty paper towels(one paper towel was stuck to a rock in the stream),sandwich stuff,plastic wrappers etc. at a non-campsite on the bank of the stream.I think a place clean and close to undisturbed,brings out passive rage in folks without concience,they hate these places,because these places represent ,the best of what we are relative to mama-nature,we keep The Tremont's clean as possible.We don't much care for those who litter our Places.I guess I'll keep picking up....maybe one day they'll start picking up too
Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: tremont

I've noticed the same thing lately. It used to be litter here and there but now it is all over the place. I have been talking and preaching about this on numerous boards and It is only getting worse. This past Saturday I saw more junk than I care to remember. I carry a bag with me but it get's to my nerves. I used to be able to block it out but we were up on West Prong in a gorge where there shouldn't be that kind of trash. Oh well, maybe one day it will get better. Thanks for helping me picking up trash. I'll try to make it a point to do it in front of others to set an example so to speak, some people think you are crazy and fall short of asking if you are on a DUI detail
Old 08-10-2006, 08:31 AM

Just have to keep up the good work. I have not ran into much trash but what I find I do try to pick up. We have to make sure that the fisherman pick up after themselves and hopefully make a good example.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:00 PM

There will always be folks that trash these streams. Hard to imagine that mindset, but it seems to be common unfortunately. I try to pick up trash when I see it, but I'm not as diligent about this as I should be. Thanks for the reminder lauxier. Good post.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:04 PM

I fished Tremont yesterday evening and did not see any trash where I was fishing.I only had time to fish after work so I was only able to fish along the upper gravel road. I waded from just above the 2nd one lane bridge almost to the trailhead and did not see any trash. I did manage to catch 4 small bow's which considering the heat and low water conditions was not too bad.