Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM

Default nice day for a sipsey swim !!!!!

headed down to the sipsey saturday to meet my wife's boss.we fish alot togather down there.just had a stocking a couple of weeks ago and the poor fish still havent figured out what a bug is.anyway caught 11 on all sorts of things i dont usallly get to fish there.the havent ran water in a while and had none scheduled.usually under these conditions,the fish are stacked up in the areas close to the dam.my partner and i were across the river and about 6:30 the alarm sounded and here came the water.i hollared for jim to cross NOW! and i headed across.there was a short run close to the bank and i managed to cross it taking on water before the water got to me.jim headed down the river towards me before getting out and the surge caught him and down the river he went.all i could do is is shout encouragement to him but everthing came out all right.jim has done alot of whitewater rafting and stuff and handled himself good.still shakes you up.when will i learn!
dalefish