Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 11-03-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Smokys TN, NC

Quote:
This is a good debate. Now I'm adding Ohio! Are they better than TNor NC. *I know their are Ohio guys out there
You can't lump in any yankees when you're comparing fisherman . Even NC fishermen beat those yankees! Ofcorse TN fishermen are better than NC. Asking if TN fishermen are better than NC fishermen is a goofy question; It's like asking if a boling ball is better than a gun for squirrel huntin. You just can't compare, they're not even in the same league with us TN boys. You must be a yankee. I bet you don't even eat cornbread all crushed up in your buttermilk do ya

Lets see what happens now
Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 PM

Tennessee, Everything is better in East TN. Period. End of discussion. If you do go over the mountain make sure you get all your vaccinations.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:07 PM

I went to college in TN, and I now live in AL (so I can be somewhat impartial). I personally like fishing anywhere in the Smoky Mtn NP, but my personal favorite creek is on the NC side.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:48 PM

Yes, I do but my cornbread in buttermilk and from TN. Thats why I started this somehow!? It satrted with a simple question and now this I love it. Where are the Ohio guys at? come out if you can. No offence it's just a friendly debate

Giantfish
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 PM

I'm from Kentuky---Tennessee trout are **** to catch in the fall--they usually get off the hook--you know there is no catching them--too powerful--but---come wintertime--they are easy to catch--i use a hoop-wulf--a good fly---it wears them out--i do not eat them--i let them go---who wants to mess up next years fun--i have found north carolina trout over-rated--they are tough in the fall--they know every fly you cast to them---in the winter---they are uncatchable---too fast---too smart---too everything-----come March---their bio-systems and genes kick in ----you cannot catch them------you don't have to----they float up and surrender to you......
Old 11-04-2006, 09:24 AM

boy oh boy.......really trying to get it going.. ....well, I can't get any thing started because we are in the process of property searching in E. Tenn. and my daughter has already moved to E. Tenn....so in this case I will bide my time till I am a residant of Tenn and can jump on the TN side of this argument...uhhh,...debate. I can tell you that here in Ohio we have basically 2 (yes, only two) streams that we can trout fish so we end up fly fishing for every thing else just to work on our casting skills....does that make us deprived? yes and no....you have to work a wide variety of waters and many different fish personalities to get something on the end of your leader. I do know this....untill you hook a 10lb carp on your lite line and fight for 15-20minutes to finesse it in, well - let's just say you are missing some kind of fun ( I know it still doesn't compare to a brownie in the park, but we have to amuse ourselves somehow)......

Now with that being said........until I gain TN residance and have crumbled cornbread in my buttermilk I will stay nuetral ....

Go Buckeyes

and Go Vols....stomp LSU

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13