Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 11-30-2006, 09:42 AM

Default Byron nailed it!!!

I read Byron's fishing report yesterday and followed it to the tee. *

Left work due to an "emergency", got to the park about 1:00, fished the Middle Prong and WOW! *Not only did I catch fish, I caught them on a dry! *I tied on a #12 Parachute BWO when I stepped out of the truck and that was all I needed for the rest of the day. *Pretty good day for me (I'm still fairly new at this.) *I ended up landing 16 rainbows with the biggest around 10". *I also caught some fish that looked like shiners and thought that was kind of weird.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Byron and his Fishing Report and Paula for suggesting the Middle Prong. *You guys are the best.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Byron nailed it!!!

I was able to fish a bit yesterday also. I got to the park around 2:30 or 3:00 and fished LR for awhile and Middle Prong. I caught several fish but lost most of my better ones for some reason. It was a nice day to be out on the river. I was wet wading and it is almost December... 8-)
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 11-30-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Byron nailed it!!!

I was lucky enough to fish Tuesday and Wednesday... west prong... It was rockin. Tuesday was definately a better day. I caught all fish on copper johns, and you probably could have caught plenty on dries, I had at least 6 hit my indicator...maybe I sould have put the Grumpy stinger hook in it *The nymphs were too good to change it up though. It was a nice day to be out.