Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Clinch fished well on Sunday

Just wanted to give a quick report of sorts.

I fished the falling water (finally) on the Clinch on Sunday. *It was some of the best fishing I have had in a while. *Not a whole lot of fish (only got 7 fish to hand), but most of the fish I landed were 12" or better and I lost one that almost made me cry. *They were all stocker rainbows, but man they were solid! *I caught them all on a #22 zebra midge fished about 24" under an indicator.

Good times!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Clinch fished well on Sunday

I also fished after they turned the water off on Sunday. Lots of midges hatching got the most fish on a #22 Zebra Midge all Rainbows. It was cold but the Clinch is beautiful place to fish!!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:38 AM

Was out there as well, part of the parking lot convergence ...it was a brief, but good time non the less as I was able to hang out with couple of buddies... managed fish off of midge emergers and scuds...foul hooked nicer than average bow in some skinny water, I suppose was it was after the main and got tagged by the dropper, thats my story and I'm stickin to it ...it was great to see that the rock snot seems to have been displaced from all the constant generation, the only positive I suppose to that constant water...the normal grass seems to be making a comeback and rocks turned over showed lots of scuds...
Old 12-11-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
it was great to see that the rock snot seems to have been displaced from all the constant generation, the only positive I suppose to that constant water...the normal grass seems to be making a comeback and rocks turned over showed lots of scuds...
Well that's good news, Jerm. A buddy of mine is letting me use his boat for a while. We need to get out there! Give a holla.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:34 PM

You mean I was out there with some of my fellow LRO Messager Board-er's and didn't even know it? I fished Miller's Island on Sunday. We were all probably within sight of each other.

Despite it's finicky nature, I love fishing the Clinch. We'll have to go together sometime. (Again!)
Old 12-11-2006, 04:15 PM

I fished the Clinch as well on Sunday from 2:30 -4:45. Fished near the steps below the dam in the Weir pool. I only managed one fish though I popped 3 off on the hook set! (tooo used to fishng 4x!) I was wishing I had had a tiny yellow midge dry as they were on them. I kept wondering if I should have put on some 7X as the water was glass smooth up there. The one I caught was a 15" male, dark with a little of a kyped jaw. Strong and healthy, took a couple of minutes to land and he bolted as soon as I let go!
Did 6X do the trick at Miller"s? That must have been the first time it has been off in a while, there were lots of people! There was never anyone any closer than 25 or 30 yards though.
Best,
Old 12-11-2006, 04:51 PM

Looks like half of the active board members fished the Clinch on Sunday. ttas67 and I were there for a few hours also.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:04 PM

yeah I was there. miller's island. within the first five minutes, doghair caught one on a stimulator?!?. I tried a few small caddis to see if I could get a rise. did ok on a zebra midge, but had a trout attack my pink yarn strike indicator about 5 times. seen a few fish jump clear out of the water about a foot in the air. I think those stockers in there are crazy or something. overall a decent day on the water.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:26 PM

Well if you ever see my old Navy Blue Wagoneer parked somewhere certainly walk over and say hello! It has TU stickers and a Scott sticker on it, usually in need of a bath! The jeep........not me. Well maybe me sometimes too, I think the fish bite better that way!