Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-27-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Oops!  PM apologies.....(more)...

All,

Seems I dis-mis-understood my PM settings!!!!!

I just found unread PM's going back to May 01, 2006!

Apologies to anyone who thought I ignored them on purpose!!!! My fault!!

L.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Oops! *PM apologies.....(more)...

Hey Leinart,

I did the same thing months ago and have never figured out how to use it. I suspect there could be more there now but I don't have a clue on using it. I suspect people thought I was ignoring them also but I could not figure out how to apologize.

I'll just use the same forum you did! Sorry to anyone I unknowingly offended also.

Best Wishes, computer illiterate (gary) <*))))><
Old 12-27-2006, 03:08 PM

Best way I've found to do it is to click on home, then scroll to the bottom. You can change your preferences too, under profile...
Old 12-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator

I am sure Daniel has posted this in other threads, but we have discovered that you cannot answer a pm that is older than one month.

The bottom of the front page of the message board, on the right side, will tell you if you have any new private messages. This will appear only when you are logged in under your user name.

Hope this helps.

Paula
Old 12-29-2006, 10:48 PM

Hello Paula,

Thanks for the info on using PM's. I am on the board almost everyday and sometimes more than once a day. I usually don't log in unless I want to respond to someone which probably explains why I was not finding the messages. I suspect that by the time I found them they were already past a month old.

I was having a hard time logging in last year and could only log in while at my daughter's house but not from our home. After talking with Daniel several times by phone we really never did figure out why but found later that if I logged in for 3 hours or more I could get on the board at home. Crazy but true.

The best part of the story is several months later I was in the shop and talking to Daniel about the problem. He remembered my name immediately which shocked me and also impressed me. All you guys are the best!

I was at FlyMasters in Indianapolis today and overheard a young man saying he was headed for Tennessee for some fly fishing which perked up my ears right away. I asked him if he knew about your board and shop and he said he did. I suggested to him he needs to pay you folks a visit while in the area.

Happy and Prosperous New Year to the good People at LRO,

gary <*))))><