Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Anyone been in (ha) or on the Sipsey lately?

I haven't had time to go fishing in forever it seems. Just wondering how the fishing is, who's using what, and if you have been swimming lately. I might try and go this weekend and check it out depending on the weather. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Anyone been in (ha) or on the Sipsey lately?

hello,fished the sipsey 3 times last week,good days and not so good days.no swimming though,thank goodness.fish are really feying on midges.i havent caught a fish on anything larger than a size 18 in a month.small copper johns,brassies,and zebra midges.red,black and olive seem to be working under an indicator.depth depends on how the fish are acting.fish are all over the place so you dont have to snuggle up to the lying dam. .good luck fishing
dalefish
Old 01-02-2007, 11:40 PM

Thanks for the info. Weather and company permitting, I hope to go Sat.

I've been in Chatt. visiting my elderly folks and had hoped to get to the Hiwassee some, but I've just been too busy taking care of stuff here to get away and go. So close and yet so far away!! Anyway, time with them is well spent and who knows how long they'll be with us, so I'd better enjoy their company while I can.

It is a bit cold for a swim so I'm glad you haven't been!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:49 PM

there was another fly.....or something i really didnt want to mention.a peach colored egg imitation.i`ve never fished one of these but saturday afternoon afternoon after my party left,i waded back upstream to fish with some friends.things had really(i mean really!)gotten slow and no one were getting bites.a guy right below me(first trip to the sip) started fishing one of these and pulling fish out left and right.he said he didnt like fishing these but nothing else was working.quietly,i stopped by the fly shop and picked me oup some little eggs to make me some.i really hated to say this. have fun sat.i may be down that afternoon,i`ll be wearing a dark brown wool hat.
dalefish
Old 01-03-2007, 07:43 PM

I think I picked up something similar to that in a pink color. I'll try it out hopefully this Sat. Thanks. Oh, btw, I won't tell anyone your secret... yeah, right. Now everyone in the fish world knows!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:39 PM

OH NO! i may as well buy me a peach colored hat to wear fishing now