Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 01-04-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Case for rod and reel

I received a new fly rod for christmas and now i am looking to get a case for it, one that will hold both the rod and reel. Does anyone know of where to look? I don't particularly like the orvis, and the db dunn cases from scientific anglers isn't bad, but i don't really know if there are any more out there. I tried to find some on the internet but couldn't really come up with any. If anyone knows anything please help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Thanks to the staff at LRO for getting me hooked up with my rod, a 8' 6" Winston BIIX, it is an absolutely fantastic rod and thanks for making everything so easy.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Case for rod and reel

I think LRO carries rod cases where you can leave the reel on. Give them a call.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:02 AM

Sage makes one that I like for a two piece, orvis has got some pretty nice ones, and I know LRO has quite a few! Two, three, four, and even five piece rod tubes with the added reel storage. Dad just purchased two recently from there fairly inexpensive and just as good as any other! Not sure who makes it but it's black with a little yellow on it. Hope this helps

Fishermansfly
Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 AM

My SA catalog must be screwed up, i don't see any DB Dunn cases in it, they are some good ones though.
Grumpy
Old 01-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Mine is 4 piece and i seem to be having a little trouble finding a case to fit a 4 piece 8' 6". Oh well, thanks for all the input i'm gonna keep looking, hopefully i'll find something. The DB Dunn cases are very nice, if i don't hear of anything else that is probably what i will go with.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:48 PM

mtnman....try looking at the cases from Clear Creek.....clearcreek.net......I picked up one last year for just a four piece rod....just checked their website and new this year is a rod and reel case and they have one for a four piece rod....hope this helps....Jim.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:52 PM

mtnman2888,

The DB Dunn cases are no longer available. SA makes a rod/reel case for $23. TFO makes a nicer one for $30. The Orvis cases are the nicest that we can get.
All of the rod/reel cases you'll find are made for 9 foot rods. Your 8'6" 4pc would fit good in the 9' case.

daniel
Old 01-05-2007, 11:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

mtnman -- the case my son referred to is the TFO that Daniel priced for you. I'm using it for a 4 piece 8'6" rod with reel attached and it works great. The reel case part is even fleece-lined for added protection. I've been very pleased with it. I recently bought a 7'9", 3wt. Avid at LRO that came with its own cordura travel case -- very nice but no on-rod reel storage. I'd go with the TFO *
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 01-06-2007, 12:52 PM

I looked at the clear creek website and i really like their products, they had some really nice looking stuff. Not only rod and reel cases, but all of their products. Thanks alot guys for all the help. I'll let you know what i get and how it is.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 PM

I have a couple cases from an ebay seller that has her own store. She makes custom cases. Her name is Lisa Bardole and she has a store on ebay. The link is http://stores.ebay.com/A-Ladys-Angle.