Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Smoky Mountain Fly Fishing

Fellow Fly Fishers,

"Smoky Mountain Fishing
Do you love fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains? Use this board to get information or share Smokies fishing stories and reports."

The one commonality that we all share is the obsession of our art. *Topics have swayed in the past and will in the future due to our individual passions. *I think the best policy is to let off topic threads die as new threads occur almost daily. *If you feel passionate about it,simply PM or e-mail the originator and discuss this privately and always respectfully. *

Now, lets go fishing! Ensure that you send pics and GPS coordinates of your fishing hole. *
*See you on the stream....... * (No response needed)

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 01-10-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Smoky Mountain Fly Fishing

DryFly1, *Heres a pict. of one of my favorite Dry fly streams in the Smokies. Spring can't return soon enough for me. I won't say where this is in the Smokies and I don't use a GPS but doesn't it look made for drifting an Adams or Elk hair caddis?
I really enjoy reading about FF and would rather leave my personal politics out of this board.
[img][/img]
Old 01-10-2007, 11:42 AM

I think I have died and gone to heaven!!!
Wow, You know how to hit were it hurts.. *
I needed that - * *Spectacular !!

No GPS here either-

P.S. In my mind ,I'm already there * DryFly1

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 PM

Troutman,

Thanks for sharing the picture of another beautiful place in the GSMNP! If I could read your mind DryFly1 I would be there with you! Isn't spring just around the corner?

Regards to all, gary <*))))><
Old 01-10-2007, 08:28 PM

Great Picture. After that, I'm feeling the need to go tie up a few Quill Gordons and HEP's.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 PM

If you slip your polaroids on to cut the glare,in front of the three moss covered rocks, there is a 14 inch rainbow waiting for a #14 Parachute Adams to drift through. Its going to be a long time till I can get back in March.
Randy Sale
Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 PM

I don't know how often y'all check out the 10-day forecast link that's on the fishing report page, but when you go there, there's also a tab to show the entire month. The days in the future have the average high and low, and the number of hours/minutes of daylight. It's steadily creeping upwards; Townsend will hit 10 hours of daylight next week, on the 15th. Here in south Louisiana, we're about 20 minutes ahead, as far as amount of daylight is concerned. Also, the last few days I've walked along Lake Ponchartrain, and while it's been cool, there was a hint, just a hint, of Spring in the air. Of course, that could be wishful thinking, too - AccuWeather is predicting a cold 30-day forecast for most of the country, due to the waning El Nino.

Bottom line? The days are slowly getting longer, eventually the warm air will win its battle with the cold, and Spring is coming...something to look forward to.

In the meantime...WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? Not gonna be the Iggles, that's for sure!