Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Middle Tennessee Question

I went over to west TN this weekend and did some duck hunting and noticed that there was a hatchery of some sort right off I-40 somewhere on the west side of Nashville near Bucksnort. There was also a small stream that flows along the road for a few miles along the interstate. I never noticed a sigh that identifies the stream and just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this so that next time I'm over that way I can check it out.

PS...if anyone hasnt tried duck hunting they should give it a try, because it is up there with a good day trout fishing 8-)
Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Middle Tennessee Question

There's a few trout farms there, Turnbull Creek runs out of one of them, lot's of private land to

Grumpy
Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 PM

Grumpy,

have you heard if there's enough public access and fish to make a quick day of it? I've been eyeing those exists myself.

3fisher
Old 01-18-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Grumpy,

have you heard if there's enough public access and fish to make a quick day of it? I've been eyeing those exists myself.

3fisher
If you look at TWRA stocking maps, those streams aren't stocked, sure there are escapees from the trout farms & i consider most streams by bridges public water, my taxes pay for it That could get me run off, cussed, threatened or jailed, so far, i haven't been jailed!

Grumpy