Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: paypal?

Byron,

Paypal is fine, but I hope you don't make it mandatory for domestic internet customers. *I like using my cc, and it helps me keep track of purchases. *Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

one more cast
Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Byron,

Paypal is fine, but I hope you don't make it mandatory for domestic internet customers. I like using my cc, and it helps me keep track of purchases. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

one more cast
I think it would only be just another additional option of payment. He would keep the same payment options he has now, but only adding PayPal as an additional way to pay for goods.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

as a seller, i love paypal. having said that, paypal will only protect the seller if the seller ships to the confirmed paypal address and uses a form of delivery confirmation. this is easy and cost efficient for domestic sales, however, international sales are a totally different ballgame. trying to get a form of delivery confirmation on international buyers is costly or just not available.
just my experience.
sam
Old 01-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Daniel and I just opened the Paypal account. It will take a few days to get it running on our Online Catalog. We'll look futher into this delivery confirmation issue. Thanks for the advice from everyone. Anyone had any experience with "Pay Me Later" (I think that's what it is called).

Byron
Old 01-30-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Daniel and I just opened the Paypal account. It will take a few days to get it running on our Online Catalog. We'll look futher into this delivery confirmation issue. Thanks for the advice from everyone. Anyone had any experience with "Pay Me Later" (I think that's what it is called).

Byron

Byron

Where did you see that on paypal? I looked and didn't find it:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ypal-solutions

I found this: http://news.com.com/2100-1017-960380.html

"The company is liable for transactions where a consumer receives goods from a merchant but doesn't pay for them."

Old 01-30-2007, 01:46 PM

Byron,

* * From what i gather the "pay me later" option that you said you saw is something similar to something you can do on ebay where you have the option to pay in payments on items over a certain amount. Now here's a story on that: my uncle knows a fellow that sells high priced items on ebay and he sold one to a customer one time and the customer chose to "pay him later." The item was shipped to the customer and the customer received it and then made a payment or two before he/she cancelled his paypal account. This fellow filed a complaint with paypal to get his money from the customer and paypal launched an investigation where they found that they couldn't get any money back because there were "insufficient funds" in the customer's account and they couldn't do anything about it because the address, although it was confirmed, could not be linked to anyone at all.
* * Now i'm not trying to scare you or influence any decisions, but just thought that maybe you should know. I think that we are all good honest folks on here and wouldn't do anything like that, but you should always safeguard yourself as much as possible. Maybe someone else has had an experience like this??
* * I do think that the whole paypal thing is good and gives your customers another option as to how to pay. After all, i do have some money in my paypal account waiting to be spent.......
Old 01-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Kriscad,

I didn't see it on Paypal. I first noticed it on B & H Photo's website. I've seen it on other sites. It's actually called "Bill Me Later". Your second link is the right one.

Byron