Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 02-09-2007, 09:43 PM

Default tying demo tomorrow

who's going to the tying demo tomorrow? they've all been good, but this one looks particularly interesting! what does byron mean by "they put on a show?" guess I'll find out in the morning. now I've been to these demos and I'm sure I've been sitting there with some fellow board members and didn't even know it. unless my hair looks particularly good in the morning, then I'll be the one in the khaki colored simms hat. anyone else going tomorrow?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: tying demo tomorrow

Maybe... I got some V-day shopping to get done, so I'm not sure. Gotta keep mama happy!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:44 PM

shopping? you're gonna be in the greatest store I know. you know those corny jeff foxworthy jokes? well, you might be a fly fisherman if..... you buy your wife's v-day present at the fly shop!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:14 AM

I will be there, but I will be busy. I'll be in the Beginner's class putting on a demo of how NOT to tie.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:13 AM

hey 92......you will love the beginners class, it is done very well and with lots of patience. I took the Jan27 class with Griff and Trevor along with serveral others, Walter and Brian were great instructers. Make sure you use the down time between fly's to pic the minds of those guys for fishing info, there is a ton of knowledge and they were more than happy to share.......

I'm heading down next week for the intermidiate class and can't wait. Make sure you take your checkbook cause you will want to pic up some supplies for the flies you learned in class so you can work more at home......

enjoy the class
buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 02-10-2007, 08:27 PM

I went today to the tying demo. We had a great time. They were very funny and I learned alot from them. Wendy was great also. Her fly is featured in this years Fly Fish Americas 2007 gear guide issue.
I look forward to seeing them again hopefully next year. Meanwhile I'll be practicing up on my deer hair spinning and trying out some of there caddis patterns. was it "the Hydropsychicie"? (sp)?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:06 PM

I did enjoy the beginner's class very much. I had already tied 2 of the flies there, but it was well worth it to see a couple of really great tiers work and to learn the EHC. Someday I may go back for the intermediate.

One word of warning - after taking the class it is EXPENSIVE getting back out the door. I still like my vise, but my scissors needed to be replaced, and I needed a hair stacker, and some wire, and ...