Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 02-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: LRO Board Member Meeting

would love to do something like this guys, but I'm 6.5 hours away......I could make it 4-5 times a year though.......

I think this a great idea and hope it takes off, I would enjoy participating in my limited capacity (unless job situations get me south earlier than retirement)......

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 02-11-2007, 01:49 PM

I see maybe a once a quarter meeting. This would give some of us an excuss to come up once during the different seasons. January(fly tying kick off meeting), April/May spring hatch, July(Green weenie and yellow tubers hatch ) September/October Great Fall Fishing. Have the meetings saturday evening at one of the local resturants. Or get a confirmed head count and have it catered at LRO charging around $10-12 a plate.
As far as a boys night out, we had better be carefull there are several mambers of the fairer sex on the board(Paula for one). Maybe a flyfishers night out.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:01 PM

Iwould be all for it. I'm around 2.5 hours away but I would come every time I could. Afew extra day trips to the Smokies wouldn't hurt anyone. I would be interested to see how many on the board in middle Tn. would like to carpool.
Maybe fish the park then eat. Something like that anyway.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:27 AM

I think it would be really nice to do it once a month, but if not, I am a big fan of vernonkofc's idea of once a quarter. This would give the guys who live a little farther out more time to plan on getting here.

I would still like to see some type of 'unofficial' organization formed; with logos and the like. That way, when it comes to issues regarding our sport, we could more easily make our voices heard. We are basically a club now. We could tie it in with the LRO store, which would mean some added publicity for LRO in general.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 AM

Smile LRO Board Member Meeting

Great Idea, Green Weenie! Wonder if for just starting purposes it might be a good idea to consider...as an example: 7:30 a. m. breakfast the third Saturday morning of each month at a particular restaurant in Townsend? This way after several months an idea of the local member interest could be evaluated in light of organizing something more formal.

Choctaw
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 AM

I would like to second choctaw's suggestion. Let's kick the tires and light the fires.

Shall we begin this month?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Thumbs up LRO MB meeting

I can meet this Saturday the 17th. Feb. 24th would be hard because of LRTU Acid Depo. training at 9am.
Let me know what is decided and where to meet.
Troutman
Old 02-14-2007, 11:52 AM

Default LRO Board Member Meeting

I'll be going out of town this weekend but could make a get together on Saturday the 24th.

Don't guess that a particular Saturday will be good for everyone. So, here's another thought: Before I moved up here from the Gulf Coast a bunch of us local general aviation pilots had a understanding that anyone and everyone that could attend breakfast on any Saturday morning beginning at 7:30 a. m. would simply just show up at this particular restaurant whereby a large table was set aside by the restaurant owner for attendees with other tables being pulled up and joining the rest when the crowd grew larger. This arrangement proved successful for over a decade giving a mixture of guys/gals the opportunity to come when they could and as often as they could. We started out with this activity with the original idea of later on forming something more formal but never did. It was too much fun just showing up for a couple of hours and visiting over breakfast. So, we just kept on year after year keeping it informal with agreed upon cook-outs every once in a while at a willing hosts house and with impromptu group trips to various air-shows and rallies.

Any further thoughts Green Weenie and Troutman....and let's hear from all you other possible attendees, too?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:48 AM

choctaw, I think that sounds like a good idea!