Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2007, 04:41 PM
mmorgan135's Avatar
mmorgan135 mmorgan135 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 158
Default Clinch Report 2-15-07

Well got out of class around 1 or so and came home to find that the water was off on the Clinch until 6, so I just had to give it a try. I decided to try Miller Island depending on how many cars were there, and when I got there at close to 3 I was happy to find that I was the only car in the lot. So I rigged up and started down the right side of the island. I found out that the first couple hundred feet or so is really shallow but the pool at the end of that run had trout rising up everywhere. I started throwing a parachute adams in the smallest one that I had and had a couple of strikes but each on I missed or had a long distance release. I then switched to a very tiny griffiths nat and that ended up catching the most fish, all really small bows and browns though. After that I walked down some more and found this really deep hole that had some brush coming off the bank as well. I threw a small midge under an indicator and caught 2 more small fish and then before I moved I thought that I might throw the copper zonker that I had and see if I could get anything. I made one cast almost all the way to the bank and began to strip it as fast as I could, about half way back I saw this fish come from out of no where and hit the crap out of my fly. It almost scared me so bad that I didnt know what to do. I fought the fish for quite awhile because I was using a 6x tippet and had never really had a fish of any size on and didnt want to break him off. Anyway I ended up landing him and it's the biggest brown I have caught to date. I was pretty pumped to say the least. Fished for another 30 mins or so and then headed home for dinner.

Funny part of the trip was when I got out and was changing out of my waders I noticed one single duck sitting out infront of the ramp. I always carry my duck calls in the car with me so I can practice when I'm driving to and from school so I thought that I would get them out and see what that duck might do. Well after blowing for a couple seconds, two pairs of ducks came flying in from downriver, so now I had 5 ducks on the water. After 4 or 5 minutes I hit the calls again and to my suprise 6 or 7 more came flying up. So total I had around 12-13 ducks. I thought this was pretty cool, and made me wish duck season was still here.

Anyway here are some pics I thought I would share for anyone that is still suffering from cabin fever.

Contact: mmorgan320@gmail.com
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.