Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-17-2007, 01:20 PM

doghair, fall fishing is one of the best times in the park. That being said, spring fishing is much better, simply because of how beautiful it is. standing in the middle of a stream when the dogwoods are in full bloom and birds are chirping, wildflowers everywhere, there is no prettier time in the mountains. period. as for the summer, technically the fishing is supposed to slow down in the hot weather, and I guess it does, but I've always had excellent fishing in summer. plus if all else fails, you can just jump in! because the days are longer, there's often time to go fishing after work. then, once it's all over with, you go home, grill a steak and drink a cold one.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

Yall are gettin me excited!! well, we just had our first real snow in SW VA this weekend. About 2 in fell....now I can say "goodbye" to winter--Im ready for spring! Gosh I cant wail much longer....

PA and ttas67:
See you guys have it bad cuz in college your spring break is in March. The weather is way unpredictable in March. Im still in high school, (unfortunately), and I get my spring break in......APRIL! Wooo hoooo! =) !!!!!

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTN_TRT View Post
Yall are gettin me excited!! well, we just had our first real snow in SW VA this weekend. About 2 in fell....now I can say "goodbye" to winter--Im ready for spring! Gosh I cant wail much longer....

PA and ttas67:
See you guys have it bad cuz in college your spring break is in March. The weather is way unpredictable in March. Im still in high school, (unfortunately), and I get my spring break in......APRIL! Wooo hoooo! =) !!!!!
The good thing about college though...summer break starts around the first week in May.

MTN_TRT, where do you usually FF...SoHo?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

gosh..cant wait till college..

Doghair:
Yep I hit the SoHo some. I fish alot more up the road from Abingdon (SoHo Res.) Little town called Damascus (The Holy City). Few mountain streams meet at the lower end of town....nice fishing. Sometimes I go higher up the mountain (Grayson Highlands State Park) and chase brook trout and there are some less known streams up there too.

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2007, 09:21 PM

mtn trt, college was made for fly fishing. spring break is not the best in early march, however, doghair is right on. also, living in knoxville I can visit the park every weekend and many weekdays if I want. the nice thing about college is that you get to pick your schedule. technically, you could have all your classes on MWF and fish every weekend and T/TH. or you could have all your classes early in the morning and hit the stream afterwards. of course you have to work sometime. or you could do like I did and drop out of school when you're 20, get your real estate license and pretend like you're selling houses all day when you're really just fishing, then go back to school when you're 25. I wouldn't necessarily reccomend that route though. If I was your age and just starting out, I'd probably go to Montana State in Bozeman. UT in Knoxville is a great option though with the mountains and tailwaters close by.