Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Strippers and Toothy Critters

Flat-Fly'n & Sivad,
Sorry two conversations in this posting!

Those "Strippers" keep turning up, is that a Fruedian (sp?) slip? Maybe they're related to the mermaids that Traver said he hoped to catch!

No I didn't mean Muskies in the river, but further down in the lake! I did not make the meeting either; work, family and 9:00pm soccer game! Something had to give and it was the meeting. Did Dean get the book I left at the Creel for you all? If so, was it a good read?
Best,
John
Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Clinch above weir dam

Any truth to the rumor I heard abt there being meises shrimp in Norris Lake, that inevitably end up in the Clinch, especially near the dam? I have fished western tailwaters where there were shrimp in the lake, and the trout near the dam took them as a dropper a lot. Frying Pan is the best example I can think of, and I just might have a use for some of my leftover shrimp if they are in Norris. Thanks. Watson
Old 02-23-2007, 03:35 PM

John,
I don't know about the book. Dean didn't mention it the other night when he called.

Mysis shrimp?,
Read about them, but don't know about them in Norris? Interesting. Still think the scuds are down, but coming back. Wish I could attach some cool pics of this protein shakes!

Did you catch one of those pigs in the Frying Pan below the dam that was in Flyfisherman magazine years ago? PS What were the regs in the Frying Pan at the time you fished?

Tight Lines,
Flat Fly'n
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post

Maybe that's were all the fish are going? HA.....Jim from the Creel swore he had a striper on one year on the Clinch above 61 bridge. The striper ate a trout as he was bringing it in. HMMMMMMM, no, that's illegal I think.
I know two people who have caught stripers above 30 pounds (one above 40) upstream from Massengill bridge.

Well, that's where they hooked them... one ended up nearly at Peach Orchard.

But it has been a while. They weren't flyfishing and were in boats.

And per TWRA (via another website), trout can be used as bait, but you can still only catch 7 per day. Seems tough to enforce.