Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-25-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Fear This : Winter ? Not !!!!!!!

Not just here but 0n a lot of other sites I've read about people sitting at home waiting for Spring. What is with that? Sure I love having the river to my self but I can share. Three weeks ago, when it was bitter cold, I caught three nice Browns and one Rainbow on the Little River.The water temp. was 31.3 F. Two weeks ago I caught over twentyfive bows on the Hiwassee. All on dries,ya dries !!! Sure I like tying flies, on rainy days.
Like everyone else after the hot days of summer I look forward to the fall spawn,but I love catching Trout in the Winter on dries. Yes I did have one day without catching a fish, but whose counting?
I've lived here for several years after moving from the North. Snow covered roads and snow up to my knees may keep me at home but temp. in the teens doesn't.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:11 AM

I've fished every opportunity I've had this winter. I'm not really good a fishing nymphs om the bottom, so I struggle to catch fish when the water temp drops below 45. Glad you got the skills for it... I'll get there eventually...