Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 02-01-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: New C&F Fly Box

How does the center leaf feel? I'm going to get one i just don't really know which one to get. I would like this one, i'm just curious about that center leaf and how sturdy it is. I don't want it to be real flimsy. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:59 AM

I just received one this week via the online catalog. The center leaf feels pretty sturdy, in fact when the box is opened, it stays upright (won't flop to one side or the other). You can force it over but there is resistance. The leaf itself is a clear plastic similar to microfiche (if you can remember that). I plan on using it as a nymph / larva box from 22 to 16, maybe a few 14's. Left side for tailwaters, right side for mountains. It can do drys but as mentioned, you will have to space them out a bit cutting down the number of flys by 1/2 or 1/3. Am sure they have a better box exclusively for drys than this particular model if that is what your looking for. Anyhow, thrilled with the box.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:13 AM

Yeah i broke down and ordered one from the online catalog the other day, too, so we'll see. It seems like a great box and i've never had a c&f so we'll see. Right now i have a couple aquafly boxes and a sa system x box that i use for nymphs which is what i plan on transferring over to the c&f box.

Craig
Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 AM

I have that same box, one of several C&F boxes and I absolultely love it. I usually space the flies out so they are easier to grab. But, even spaced out, I can put all of my midge patterns in every color and size in that one little box. It is a great buy.