Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Fishing Report says slow...

I would have to concur. Spent the afternoon working the lower portions of Tremont, mainly along the gravel road. The water was moving fast but running clear. Saw some sz 18-16 early brown stones, a few dun caddis(1 and a few quills at sz. 14. No risers to take the adult flys though. Worked a heavily weighted BHPT with split shot 3-4' under a yarn indicator and managed two bows that were 8-9" in length but fat & healthy none-the-less. Met "Trouttater" from this board and some of his friends. Super nice guy and one heck of a tyer! We traded some flies and shared a few tails. These gentlemen were having a tough go of it as well today. A few other flyfishers I spoke with were smelling skunk too. Beautiful day to get out despite the blustery conditions! Hope someone here had alittle better luck! Things can only get better from here!

Tightlines,

AA
Old 03-06-2007, 06:49 PM

AA, Thanks for the compliment. It was good to meet you also and I am going to tie up a few of those soft hackles this weekend while the kids are in bed. If I can't fish, I might as well tie. If the weather turns out good and the bite is on, my wife will pay dearly. I may have to leave her alone with the kids for a few days and camp in the park with my cell phone turned off.

Our day ended much similar to the other fishing reports I have seen from the weekend. NADA I did manage to catch a few twig trout and had a couple real nice hookups with a boulder bass. Ended the day down two nymphs and no fish.

Trouttater