Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 03-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Default My fly fishing hometown

Howdy all.

I've been fishing in one form or another since I was a kid, but four years ago my father-in-law goaded me into becoming his fly-fishing partner. He even offered to set me up with a new pair of waders, boots, vest, and gave me--yes, gave me--his very own 5/6 Battenkill disc drag reel (he quickly bought another one!). Teaching me to cast and mend line were more important contributions than the gear, though, and I've never looked back.

We live in Central Florida, where saltwater fly-fishing options abound just a short drive to either coast. The only trouble is--my father in law and I are both mountain-loving trout guys. Neither of us have too much time off work, so we're limited to one or two trout trips a year. While we've caught trout together in the Smokies, Rockies, and Sierra Nevadas over the past four years, I have to say that the most enjoyable trips of all have been to Little River. On three different occasions we've rented a nice cabin right on the river in Townsend, and have tied into rainbows every time. I consider Townsend my FF hometown, and the shop is great, too! Nice folks.

We'll be back up there in about three weeks for a long weekend trip, and hope the weather works with us. I'll be watching your reports, for sure.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:17 PM

Sounds Great . You Should Have A Great Trip .the Trout Fishing Has Really Started To Pick Up