Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 03-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Thief

Wow it sounds like Saturday was an adventure at the shop. Hope all goes well for you guys with the problem with the thief and he gets what he deserves! Sorry you guys had such an experience!

Brandon
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Been there done that. The lumber yard I work at orginaly had a retail sales floor. We sold a lot of Dewalt tools. We also had a lot shplifted. this was when I was in my late 20's and looking at me now you would never believe i could run like a scalded dog. When the sleeze balls would grab the the saw or drill and head for the door I one of the salesmen would yell and off I would go. Everytime I would get close enough to grab a shirt or jacket the would drop the tool. Never could catch one for the police but at least we got the saw back.
Alot of people don't realize that it take the store owner a lot of extra sales to make for that stolen item. I don't at what net profit a flyshop runs at, but in our store the net profit on tool was around 3-5%. so on a $100 tool net profit $3. So you have to sell 30 of the same tool before the owners break even. SHOPLIFTING SUCKS.