Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-15-2007, 10:12 PM

Default new rod

saturday--received my new cane rod built by walter babb---was worth the wait---it is beautiful--2 tips--one for dries and one for nymphing--will be taking it to Yellowstone june 1---bamboo rods are much more personal than other rods---the finish and feel of my rod by Babb is better than best...it is my new favorite rod.....
Old 04-16-2007, 08:27 AM

What size rod did you get? I have been fishing with bamboo for many years. It's hard to beat the feel, look, smell, etc. of a fine rod. I have looked at several of Walter's rods and they have all been very nice rods.

Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
- Henry David Thoreau
Old 04-16-2007, 09:20 AM

Default new boo rod

I'm very jealous!! I have talked to Walter several times about getting one of his rods. Unfortionately it will have to wait, I'm writing my annual check today to the IRS. Maybe we should all get our guide license and deduct all this gear off as "business expenses!"
Take lots of picts. in Yellowstone, I am curious how the rivers look that time of year with the snowmelt.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:45 PM

I fished with Glenn Allgood from LRO and he has a "Babb Boo" rod. The rod is beautiful. I too am very jealous, however the price is reasonable and I may have Walter build me one for X-Mas or something.

Kevin
Old 04-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Default rod

the rod is a 7'9" 5 wt--2 tips--one tip is a little stiffer than the other--at my request the rod is blond,straw colored---with half wells cork---the finish is excellent--