Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2007, 09:17 PM

Default So here's the rod bender! Pics!

We went fishing this previous week at the ol county hot spot "Georges Creek" better known as the Launch on Topside just down from Pellisippi Pkwy. We had been there I know for two hours in the rain and my daughter had drove me past insanity playing with the worms and well, just being my daughter! I was staring off into the blue abyss listening intently (loosely worded) to my daughter "Daddy"......."Daddy"........"Um Daddy"........."Hey Daddy!" Amazing how you can tune things out when you become a parent, which is ironic because my mother used to do it to all of us as kids..Ok, I might need to further that statement and say she still currently does this....Back on topic, I remember seeing the tip of her rod bent over with a steady head jerk...By now my daughter realizes she has my attention following up her final "Daddy" with "I GOT A BIG FISH". I had just upgraded her spin rod from a 4' Wally World "Barbie Special" rod to a 4' Shakespear outfit. As I'm sitting there in astonishment because her drag was singing and watching my daughters eyes the size of silver dollars. My wife had mosey'd off to well, use the little girls room and my daughter replies "Daddy, that's a big fish. I gotta go get mommy." After landing the carp it took every part of five minutes to coax my daughter in between myself and the carp. But at last it made for a very memorable moment and a great picture. She's so proud of her fish that she says every day after picking her up from school "Daddy we goin' fishin?" I think we hooked more than a carp that day, I think I hooked a 5 year old on fishing!

To add injury to insult, I had been trying to catch one of these for the past two weeks on fly. At least I know I was in the right place!