Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-22-2007, 06:54 PM

Smile Hiwassee Sunday April 22.

It was nice to meet you all today, I'm hoping we all can meet and fish together some other time when our schedules are agreeable.

I got to the river this morning together with David Knapp and we fished until about 10:30 when trevor showed up. He had fished at Big Bend in the morning and caught a bunch of browns. I had 2 bows and 1 brown at 10:30. I missed more fish today than in a long time. I'm a little rusty. Too many weekend in front of the computer. At about 11 am I went back upstream a little bit by myself and caught several better sized fish in one long run. They were rising heavily to a tan caddis hatch size 16. I lost several bigger fish who run in to the rocks.

At noon I went to the parking area to go to RFT for lunch. I ran in to Gerry and his son for a minute. We chatted a couple of minutes and then I went to the store.

I decided to go back to my old run in the afternoon but by then the caddis hatch was over. The rest of the afternoon until 4 pm was very slow. I lost a couple of fish and my last fish of the day were a bluegill and a sucker, better than nothing I guess. I had a nice day on the HI and the weather was perfect. Too bad the drive is so long.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:41 PM

Hans, it was nice meeting and fishing with you today! Trevor and I went upriver but could barely find any open water, too many people. I finally found a few open runs and managed 3 more rainbows, all on my red copper john dropper. I'm probably about done on this river for the summer except for weekdays and during rainy weather, its just getting too crowded with the nice weather.

Nice seeing everyone else as well...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Too bad we didn't get a chance to fish together but it was nice meeting y'all and finally getting to put faces together with names from the board! Got some great pics which I hope to get posted tomorrow. Most (if not all) of our luck came on Quill Gordon and Blue Quill wet flies. Fished alone or dropped off a dry, the wet flies/spiders took more fish today than anything else.

Pics to follow!

Gerry