Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-26-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Fishing and politics........don't mix

I guess for the record I do not care to discuss this after this post. I just wanted to set the record straight as to when I post I try to be as truthful and accurate as possible. And I would have PM'd but then how do you clear your name as someone who posted incorrectly. I am neither Repubican or Democrat, but a lowly conservative independent...so I tend to fish nymphs without droppers, and use very few hackles anymore, choosing low profile patterns such as X-caddis and synthetic materials.HA!

I live this disaster everyday. For instance.. #1: a TennCare pt. pays more for a half dozen wooly buggers (lets not even talk about cigarettes) than the physician is reimbursed for inserting an epidural (into someone's spinal cord, between two vertebrae)during labor and delivery...FACT. #2 a foreinger visiting a relative here in this state can apply and get TNCare and have open heart surgery done in this state....FACT seen it happen

So for the record. Remember when Clinton took over and Hillary was going to change healthcare with her plans that miserably failed? Think about it, you had the Clintons and Arkansas, Gore and TN. The Arkansas gov. was in his first term, and the fat Oreo eating McWherter was in is last term and headed out the door, and the rest his history.

HOW WE GOT WHERE WE ARE WITH TENNCARE (excerpt for State Rep. Frank Buck-TN)

Governor McWherter in his last year of office in 1994 went to Washington and met with the Secretary of Health to suggest an experimental waiver of the Medicaid Rules to see if Tennessee could create a new type of medical program that would use Federal Medicaid (tax dollars) to fund TennCare. Citizens who were uninsurable could join and pay a premium if they could prove private health insurance companies would not insure them. Medicare is funded out of Social Security Taxes, Medicaid is funded out of tax dollars. The negotiations were successful and Tennessee had to pay about one-third (1/3) of the cost with the feds paying two-thirds (2/3). This was a waiver of the Federal Medicaid Rules. No Tennessee legislative action was required as McWherter put the plan in place by an Executive Order. The only legislative action involved was to fund our one-third (1/3) contribution thru the state budget every year.

Flat Fly'n
promising NEVER again to post a political jab on this website
Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Default I am Serious

Do not make me have to lock this thread - or remove it. I am not kidding.

Paula
Old 04-26-2007, 03:42 PM

I can't believe it. This weekend the guy who walked up to Al Gore Sr.'s house with me some 20 years ago came in the store. His name is Reubin Kyle a now retired professor from MTSU. He couldn't remember who was in the canoe with me but Glenn Lane was in the canoe with him. Steve, you know both of these guys.

Small world.

Byron
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 AM

Byron, what a great follow-up to the story. Thanks for posting it. I wish i could have been there as well.. The way you told it initially made it seem like i was.

It seems that the older i get i learn to appreciate others take on things. People usually have strong feelings about things because they are affected by them on a very personal level. Cant say Ive ever met too many conservative independents but Id be honored to share my fly box with one.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TNGlen

moflyer3, I too consider myself a conservative independent and Paula, I will personally spank Flat Fly'n for you.

P.S. too bad jr. didn't turn out to be nice as Sr........OOPS! Sorry!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGlen View Post
moflyer3, I too consider myself a conservative independent and Paula, I will personally spank Flat Fly'n for you.

P.S. too bad jr. didn't turn out to be nice as Sr........OOPS! Sorry!
HA HA.

My comment was not reserved strictly for Flat Fly'n.

Paula