Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 05-06-2007, 11:22 AM

Default TROUTFEST - Bamboo For Brookies Rod

If any of you haven't heard about this yet the Troutfest 2007 Bamboo For Brookie Rod is a great way to help a good cause and maybe take home a flyfishing treasure.
This years rod is a 7'4" 5wt 2pc with an extra tip. It is a hand-planed bamboo rod which is carmel in color. The reel seat is a cap and ring style with a beautiful burled spacer. The modified "cigar" style grip is made from 1/8" cork rings and features red glue lines. The silk guide wraps are garnet tipped in black. The rod comes with an elegant hexagonal bamboo rod tube and is contained in a gorgeous glass topped display case.

The rod is on display here at Little River Outfitters. Stop by and check it out. For those of you who can't make it by there are pictures online at http://www.troutfest.org/bamboo4brookies2007.html

Donation tickets are $25.00 and only a fixed amount of tickets will be sold. There are still quite a few tickets left but don't wait too long and miss out on your opportunity to help TU and maybe get this rod.

Tickets must be purchased using cash or a check made out to Little River Chapter TU. For more information please give us a call at the shop: 865-448-9459 or call Charlie Downs: 859-278-0029
Old 05-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Check is going out tonight...the odds are just too good NOT to buy a ticket, plus it's for the "jewels of the mountains".
Old 05-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Beautiul stick, anyone know how many ticket will be sold. Also can you by then at TroutFest or will that be to late??
Old 05-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

I am not absolutely sure about this, but I think the total number of tickets is 120. This rod not only comes with a bamboo rod case, but a really amazing display case that tilts on the horizontal and the vertical...all items hand made in the US by fellow Trout Unlimited members. All of the proceeds of this sale go to the fisheries department of the GSMNP.

Byron and I always buy 4 tickets for this amazing rod...and we have not won yet, but our money has gone to a great cause! There are less than 40 tickets left...and the night of the event is too late! Call us...we have them! Just be aware...it is for TU. We cannot take your credit card. You must pay cash or with a check to preserve the tax status of LRCTU.

Paula
Old 05-06-2007, 08:14 PM

My oldest suggested buying two, but I went with one...went in the drop box at the post office just this afternoon - hopefully, the mails won't be too slow.

Anything to help those pretty fish - I can't get enough of them.